Wild Patagonia is one of our pre and post programs, which allows you to stay even longer in your favourite destinations. Depending on your voyage with Hurtigruten, you can book this program before or after your sailing. This is the itinerary for the tour:
Day 1: Buenos Aires/El Calafate
Morning transfer from your hotel and flight to Calafate. Calafate lies on the southern shore of Argentino lake and is about 80km from the entrance to los Glaciares national park. It is the perfect starting point for visiting this region. Meet & greet with your local guide and transfer to your hotel in Calafate. In the evening we visit a Patagonian Estancia, for a true insight into the Patagonian Gaucho life and culture. After some mate tea and pastries, enjoy a walk and watch a sheep shearing demonstration, while tasting some local wine. Dinner will be traditional cuisine and served at the Estancia’s restaurant. Return to Calafate and overnight.
Day 2: El Calafate
A must for all visitors to Argentina is a visit to the Glacier Perito Moreno in the Parque Nacional los Glaciares. To reach the mountains, we drive through the impressive Patagonian Steppe, where climate changes frequently and there can be rain or even snow. The glacier is part of the Patagonian continental ice Field where 13 glaciers flow into the Viedma and Argentino lakes and towards the Atlantic Ocean. The Perito Moreno glacier is one of the few glaciers in the world that is still pushed forward by its ice masses. Lunch is included. Evening at leisure and overnight.
Day 3: El Calafate /Ushuaia
After breakfast, transfer to the airport and flight to Ushuaia. A local guide will welcome you at the airport in Ushuaia and take you to your centrally located hotel. Depending on the flight schedule, enjoy a boat ride through the bay of Ushuaia and the Beagle channel, surrounded by a mountain range in the afternoon. Evening at leisure and overnight.
Day 4: Ushuaia /Embarkation
The morning is at your leisure. Around noon you will be picked-up from your hotel and join an excursion to Tierra del Fuego national park. Located only 11 km away from Ushuaia, the Tierra del Fuego national park is unique for having in its protected area mountains as well as access to the sea. This excursion will end at the port of Ushuaia with the embarkation on MS Fram.
- Note: Walking over uneven ground is involved in this tour. The operation of the excursion in Ushuaia on day 3 depends on the flight schedule in 2017/18.
- Not included: lunch, dinner on day 2 and 3, drinks.
- *The price includes two nights in El Calafate and one night in Ushuaia, incl. breakfast, transfers, dinner at a Patagonian Farm and excursions as per itinerary, English-speaking local guide during transfers and excursions, economy class flights Buenos Aires to El Calafate to Ushuaia, incl. current taxes and charges. The overnight in Buenos Aires before the start of this tour is part of your Antarctica voyage. All excursions are subject to weather conditions.
Patagonia is a region of extremes and has few equals in the world. This tour is available as pre extension program for Antarctica voyages starting in Ushuaia:
1. The Frozen Land of the Penguins
- Departure dates: 14 Nov. 2017, 1 Jan. and 13 Jan 2018
2. The Ultimate Antarctica Experience
- Departure date: 26 November 2017
3. White Christmas in Antarctica
- Departure date: 14 December 2017
4. Antarctic Circle Expedition
- Departure dates: 25 January and 8 February 2018
5. Penguins, Patagonia and Poetry
- Departure date: 22 February 2018
Booking code: CENPAT1
To book please call our Reservations team on .
If you want to stay in Ushuaia before or after your pre/post program, you can further extend your holiday by staying at our recommended hotels.