Chilean Patagonia is one of our pre and post programs, which allows you to stay even longer in your favourite destinations. Depending on your voyage with Hurtigruten, you can book this program before or after your sailing.
This tour let's you explore the lakes, glaciers and snow-covered mountains of Chilean Patagonia with Puerto Natales as a base, starting in Santiago and ending at the pier in Punta Arenas:
Day 1: Santiago/Punta Arenas/Puerto Natales
Morning transfer from your hotel to the airport and flight to Punta Arenas followed by an approximately 3 hours transfer, including lunch box through the Patagonia’s rugged steppe with chance to see Magellan ostriches, birds and of course sheep and with a little luck some lonely condor tracing circles in the sky. Be welcomed at Hotel Remota. The rest of the day is at leisure followed by dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Puerto Natales/Torres del Paine
An early start takes you on a full-day excursion to Torres del Paine National park, a UNESCO World Heritage biosphere. See herds of sheep and native guanacos and notice the rugged snow-capped Torres del Paine mountains towering in the background. We visit Torres del Paine from one extreme end to the other by van, passing by different lookout points. At lake Grey can see huge icebergs along the shore and even the Glacier Grey in the distance. Return to Puerto Natales in the evening. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Puerto Natales /Ultima Esperanza fjord
A three-hours catamaran cruise from Puerto Natales to Ultima Esperanza Fjord takes you through stunning Patagonian scenery to the 1,000 year-old Balmaceda glacier, home to cormorants and sea lions. A short walk takes you to the foot of the Serrano Glacier, surrounded by snow-capped peaks and walls of ice. Return trip to Puerto Natales, where the rest of the day is at your leisure. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Puerto Natales/Punta Arenas
Enjoy the landscape passing by during your transfer back to the pier in Punta Arenas.
- * The price includes transfer hotel to airport in Santiago de Chile, economy class flight Santiago de Chile – Punta Arenas, incl. current taxes and charges, transfer with English-speaking driver from Punta Arenas airport to Puerto Natales to pier in Punta Arenas, 3 overnights at Hotel Remota incl. full board and beverages with the meals, two full day excursions lead by an English-speaking guide, use of spa, heated swimming pool and hot tubs. The overnight in Santiago before the start of this tour is part of your Antarctica voyage. All excursions are subject to weather conditions.
- Not included: Drinks outside the included meals, gratuities.
The Chilean Patagonia tour is available as pre extension program for Antarctic voyages starting in Punta Arenas with MS Midnatsol:
1. Adventure to the Chilean Fjords and Antarctica
- Departure dates: 7 November and 20 November 2017
2. Discover Patagonia and Antarctica
- Departure date: 3 December 2017
3. The Legendary Magellan, Chilean Fjords and Antarctica
- Departure dates: 17 December 2017 and 2 January 2018
4. Adventure from Cape Horn to the Penguins of Antarctica
- Departure dates: 18 January, 31 January and 13 February 2018
5. Southern Hemisphere Adventure: South America and Antarctica
- Departure date: 26 February 2018
To book please call our Reservations team on 02036037112.
Booking code: CENPUQ1
If you want to stay in Chile before or after your pre/post program, you can further extend your holiday by staying at our recommended hotels.