When Captain Richard With established the Norwegian Coastal Express in 1893, he made an enormous impact on life along the Norwegian coastline. The MS Richard With lives up to that legacy.
Relax in the ship's panorama lounges and take in the unforgettable views of remarkable coastal scenery, much of it the same as when the first Hurtigruten boats sailed by more than a century ago. Beautiful art throughout the ship's interior adds contemporary elegance to the vessel's maritime ambience.
Photo: Stian Klo / Hurtigruten , Agurtxane Concellon / Hurtigruten, Mary Timmer de Mare – Guest image / Hurtigruten, and Angela Bähr / Photo competition / Hurtigruten
Refurbishment in 2018
More comfort, new technology and better views of the spectacular Norwegian coast. MS Richard With emerged as a brand new ship in December 2018 during the largest upgrade project in Hurtigruten's history.
The upgrade saw a number of new features being added to the ship:
- All staterooms and suites are fully upgraded to match Hurtigruten’s new standards. On deck 6, a number of cabins were merged into 14 larger suites, some with large bay windows and spectacular views.
- In addition to a full makeover, the aft-facing Torget main restaurant has large deck-to-ceiling windows.
- The brand-new Activity Center will act as the on-board headquarter for Hurtigruten’s Expedition Team.
- Kysten Fine Dining - serving innovative dishes based on high quality, local produce such as ultra-fresh seafood - is slightly different from other Hurtigruten ships, and also be open for a la carte lunch.
- The gym on deck 7 is bigger, the sauna upgraded and two aft-facing outdoor hot tubs are added.
- Two new lecture halls have been added on deck 4, together with the open Kompass information and shopping area, where guests can enjoy exclusive offers on outdoor clothing and other items.
- On deck 7, the informal and hugely popular Hurtigruten venue Multe Bakery is now open- serving freshly baked cakes and pastries, smørbrød (open sandwiches with generous amounts of topping), smoothies, a large assortment of local ice cream with homemade toppings, premium coffee, organic herbal tea, and premium juice.
- The forward-facing Explorer Lounge and Panorama Bar offers a unique atmosphere and the best views on the ship – with front-row seats for enjoying the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, wildlife and nature as it passes by.
Photo: Agurtxane Concellon
Expedition team on board
MS Richard With has its own Expedition Team, and serves as a university at sea. Interesting lectures, presentations and activities inside as well as out on the sun deck of the ship make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in. The Expedition Team hosts both a lecture and presentation programme and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of `friluftsliv´, and encourage you take part in `friluftsliv´ hikes and activities during the journey.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage. Read more about our Expedition Teams here.
- Expedition Team
- Sun deck
- Hot tubs
- Large panorama and observation lounges with great views
- Separate à la carte restaurant
- Fitness room and sauna
- Conference facilities
Parking spaces on board
Please note the following dimensions for vehicles:
- Max Length: 640 cm/ 21 ft
- Max Width: 240 cm/ 7.9 ft
- Max Height: 220 cm/ 7.2 ft
- Max Weight: 5000 kg/ 11,023 lbs
Campervans, minivans and trailers cannot be accepted.
Tel: +47 97 57 10 00
Email: [email protected]
Live webcam from MS Richard With