MS Lofoten - our old-time favourite - was launched in Oslo in 1964. The ship´s classic maritime style and informal atmosphere inspires genuine nostalgia in her passengers.
Decks and cabins
Our Polar inside cabins are situated on the lower deck and offer a cosy atmosphere. All I2 cabins have a private shower/WC. All cabins have upper and lower berths, and the lower berth converts into a sofa.
Some of the cabins have berths on the floor, while others have upper and lower berths. The cabins have wash basins inside and a shared bathroom/WC in the hallway. Some D1 and D2 cabins on B-deck have a porthole, which may be locked during bad weather for safety reasons.
The Polar outside cabins on MS Lofoten are situated on the upper, middle and lower decks. All have private bathrooms with shower. All of the cabins have separate berths, some that convert into a sofa, while others offer upper and lower berths. Some of the cabins have more facilities than others.
- A2 cabins on B-deck have upper and lower berths (bunk beds) and a porthole.
- A2 cabins on the Saloon deck have larger windows.
- J2 cabins have berths on the floor, and limited view.
- N1 and N2 cabins have the best view, but there is a walkway outside the cabins.
When the weather is bad, we often have to cover the cabin windows from the outside due to security reasons. This will give no view.
The Classic Round Voyage
- Discover our entire original coastal route with 34 ports of call, sailing past more than 100 fjords and 1,000 mountains
- Cross the Arctic Circle and hunt the Northern Lights in winter, or enjoy 24 hours of daylight under the Midnight Sun in summer
- Spring and Autumn voyages showcase the brilliant colours, magical light and fascinating culture of Arctic Norway
- Wide choice of optional excursions and onboard Hurtigruten Guides who lead included activities and interpret the cultural and natural treasures on your voyage