MS Finnmarken is designed for exciting, sustainable voyages along the Norwegian coastline.
Major makeover in 2020
MS Finnmarken is beautifully appointed and decorated in the Art Deco style that was fashionable when the first ship with this name was built. Rich colours, bold geometric shapes and lavish ornamentation characteristic of the Art Deco style are found throughout the vessel. MS Finnmarken is also the only Hurtigruten ship with both a swimming pool and hot tub on deck. A defining feature of the vessel is her bow, and from deck 5 you can venture to the very tip of the ship.
Major makeover in 2020
In early 2020, MS Finnmarken went through the biggest single upgrade in Hurtigruten’s history. All the public areas, cabins and suites were upgraded, and suites added on the top deck (current gym and sauna area). She has three different restaurants – Aune, Fredheim and Lindstrøm - each with its own unique dining concept.
Guests can relax in the outdoor pool, two hot tubs, or a panoramic sauna, or enjoy views from the breathtaking forward observation deck. The refurbished MS Finnmarken features a brand new gym and wellness area, and a new Activity Center on deck 4 where guests can enjoy activities and lectures with the Expedition Team. The entire ship is furnished in a modern and elegant style.
Here are some of the exciting new features for MS Finnmarken:
- Five new suites will be added to the top of the ship, boasting the best views
- Modern Activity Center where guests can enjoy activities and lectures with the Expedition Team
- Three restaurants – Aune, Fredheim and Lindstrøm – each with its own unique dining concept but all stunningly decorated
- A Wellness Center with two treatment rooms for onboard pampering sessions
- Improved swimming pool and two Jacuzzis to soak and relax in
- Three gym areas, two of them outdoor, and one outward-facing sauna
- The forward observation deck is the place to go to see the upcoming scenery
- The renovated Explorer lounge & bar will be sleek and stylish, and offer fantastic views to the beautiful natural landscapes outside
- Public areas and existing suites and cabins will be fully refurbished using natural Scandinavian materials such as granite, oak, and birch, creating elegant and comfortable interior design
The ship’s engines are set to be substantially upgraded with low-emission filters, shore-power connectivity, and battery pack capacity for future installation.
Young Explorer Programme
Children aged 7-13 are invited to take part in the complimentary year-round Young Explorers Programme on MS Finnmarken. A dedicated on-board host plans and organizes all activities, focusing on fun and eco-friendly learning that is tailor-made to awaken a sense of adventure. The kids get a deeper understanding of nature, climate and culture, and are introduced to topics related to wildlife, local food, environmental protection and famous explorers. There will be daily on-board activities for the Young Explorers, relating to the different topics. Read more about it here.
Expedition Team on board
MS Finnmarken has her own on-board Expedition Team, and the ship will serve as a university at sea. Interesting lectures inside as well as out on the sun deck of the ship make this an exciting and educational journey. Topics depend on the season and the waters we sail in.
The Expedition Team will host a lecture programme and evening gatherings daily. Out on deck you may participate in live points of interest to learn more about the nature, culture and other phenomena we encounter along the coast. In addition, the Expedition Team will introduce you to the uniquely Norwegian notion of 'friluftsliv´, and encourage you take part in 'friluftsliv´ hikes and activities during the journey.
The dedicated Expedition Team has one mission: to enhance your experience by engaging you and interpreting the nature, wildlife, and culture you encounter during the voyage. Read more about our Expedition Teams here.
- Expedition Team
- Young Explorer Programme
- Swimming pool and hot tub on deck
- Top deck features a panorama lounge
- Fitness room
- Sauna with a view
- Conference room
- Á la carte restaurant
- Young Explorers: On MS Finnmarken we have a special programme for kids aged 7-13. Read more about Young Explorers here.
Tel: +47 48 03 40 00
Email: [email protected]