Included in your Svalbard Experience, you’ll see all the main attractions of Longyearbyen, enjoy a delicious meal with incredible views, and learn about the history of Svalbard. You can also participate in a great selection of exciting optional excursions, listed below. Make sure you pre-book these before you arrive in Svalbard!
On arrival in Longyearbyen, your transfer will be waiting at the airport, ready to take you to your hotel. Spend the evening on your own, looking forward to tomorrow’s adventures.
After a good breakfast, you’ll be ready for a full day of sightseeing! Your transport will pick you up at the hotel and take you around Longyearbyen. The guide will tell you all about this Arctic city’s rich history and what it has to offer. See the vastness of the white Arctic plains and remember to capture these stunning landscapes on camera, as we make several photo stops along the way.
After the grand tour, you are welcome to continue exploring on your own, or join one of your pre-booked excursions.
Dinner with a view
You’ll have a free day to venture out and see more of the area before we meet up for dinner later in the evening. We have booked a great dining experience for you this evening at the restaurant Funktionærmessen. Rated one of Norway’s top 20 restaurants by White Guide Nordic, this is where mining company officials used to gather, enjoying fine French-inspired cuisine and stunning panoramic views of Longyearbyen, the glacier and Hjortfjellet.
Last taste of Svalbard
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and take your final gaze at Svalbard before we take you to the airport. Fly to Tromsø, where you will arrive in good time before your north- or southbound voyage with Hurtigruten.
Flight from Oslo to Longyearbyen; transfer to and from airport at Longyearbyen; flight from Longyearbyen-Tromsø; transfer to hotel in Tromsø; 3 nights accommodation in Longyearbyen and Tromsø (breakfast included); 5-course dinner at Funktionærmessen.
Dietary restrictions must be advised when booking. Please note that additional excursions are available for an extra charge.
Arrive Longyearbyen by air
Transfer from the airport
Check-in at the hotel
- 10:00-12:00 Sightseeing in Longyearbyen
- 19:00 Dinner at Funktionærmessen
Check-out from the hotel
Transfer to the airport
Flight from Longyearbyen to Tromsø
Transfer from airport to dock
Embark Hurtigruten ship from 14:15 (northbound)/23:45 (southbound).
Excursions available (not included, to be booked in addition)
- Sightseeing Longyearbyen
- Arctic Wilderness evening
- Life of a Miner
- Dog sledding tour to Bolterdalen
- Snowmobile safari Tempelfjorden
- Snowmobile safari camp Barentz
- Ice cave tour
- Coast to Coast Ski Expedition
- Spitsbergen Winter safari
- Snowmobile safari Elveneset
- Snowmobile safari Barentsburg
- Snowmobile safari East coast
- Snowmobile safari Pyramiden
- Dog sledding to an ice cave
- Longyearbyen Panorama
- Dog sledding under the Northern lights
- Northern Lights safari with snowmobile
- Ice caving: a frozen adventure
- Following a trapper´s footprints
- Northern Lights evening
- Northern Lights safari with snowcat
- Northern Lights safari to Barentsburg
- Longyearbyen Panorama- Under the midnight sun
- Isfjord safari to Fuglefjella and Hiorthhamn
- Isfjord safari to Grumant
- Hike across Foxfonna
- Hike from sea to summit
- Boat trip to Barentsburg
- Boat trip to Pyramiden
- Kayak trip to Adventsfjorden
- Dog sledding on wheels
- Dog sledding on Foxfonna
- Hike to Trollsteinen across Lars glacier
- Evening kayak tour on the Adventfjord
- Isfjord safari to the glacier von Postbreen
- Hike in Bolterdalen
- Fossil hunting at Deltaneset
- Spitsbergen Blomstrand Ultimate Trekking
- Evening boat trip to Yoldiabukta and the Wahlenberg glacier
- Quadbike safari in Advent Valley
- Arctic Sea fishing
- Catamaran to Barentsburg and Pyramiden