You arrive in Tromsø and spend the night at Radisson Blu Hotel incl. breakfast. Enjoy and explore the city of Tromsø on your own.
In the morning you start a full day guided excursion to Sommarøy island, located about 36km (22miles) west of the city of Tromsø. The road takes you through beautiful sea and mountain landscapes of ever increasing wilderness.
The island of Sommarøy is connected to the neighboring island of Kvaløya by the Sommarøy Bridge and has white beaches, fantastic views and vibrant fishing villages. After a guided walk in Sommarøy village, you can enjoy lunch at Sommarøy Arctic Hotel. In the afternoon we have planned a hike up the mountain of Hillesøy for a stunning view. In the late afternoon you will leave the beautiful island of Sommarøy and return back to Tromsø for an overnight stay.
Departure from Tromsø after a breakfast at your hotel
Dates: 01.05. - 15.09.2017
- You can extend your holiday with the programme "Tromsø & Sommarøy Island" on Hurtigruten sailings starting or ending in Tromsø along the Norwegian coast.
- Included: Two overnights, including breakfast at hotel in Tromsø. Full day tour to Sommarøy, including transport, English speaking guide and buffet lunch. Not included: Dinner, lunch on day 1 and 3, drinks, gratuities
- Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
- Walking information: There is some walking and a 30-40 min hike over uneven ground involved in this tour
- Pick up from Radisson Blu Hotel
- Clothing: Warm and waterproof clothes and comfortable footwear recommended
If you want to stay in Tromsø before or after your pre/post programme, you can further extend your holiday by staying at our recommended hotels.
Please call us on 02036037112 if you wish to book this extension programme