Extend your stay in Halifax, the capital of the Canadian Province of Nova Scotia and hear fascinating stories of the region´s connection to the Titanic and her passengers.
Planned itinerary Pre-programme
Day 1: Arrival Halifax
Overnight at a centrally located hotel in Halifax, leaving the rest of the day at your leisure.
Day 2: Halifax
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before your 3.5-hour guided city tour starts around noon at the hotel.
Start your tour with free time at the Maritime Museum of Atlantic Canada, the oldest and largest Maritime Museum in Canada and learn more about Nova Scotia's role in the aftermath of the Titanic disaster.
Next, you’re on your way to the historic community of Peggy's Cove. Hear how glaciers and constant pounding from ocean waves have shaped the world-renowned village's granite shores. Visit the Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse that has been an inspiration for generations of writers, photographers and painters, and the famous deGarthe Monument, which artisan William deGarthe carved in the coarse stone. Take time to explore the shops and galleries around this working fishing community before returning to town via St. Margaret's Bay.
At the Fairview Lawn Cemetery, your guide will walk the grounds with you, bringing to life the tale of the great ship Titanic and its ill-fated maiden voyage. Discover the true identities of the unknown child and J. Dawson. Their stories are part of a legacy that continues to fascinate visitors more than 100 years later.
Your Pre-programme ends at the pier in time for embarkation.
Please note that the order of visited sites may vary.
Photo: Maurizio De Mattei / shutterstock
- Breakfast, luggage porterage at hotel
- 3.5-hour English-speaking guided excursion `Peggy´s Cove and Titanic Tour´ incl. transfer to the pier in Halifax
Not included: Gratuities, lunch and dinner
- For guests with limited mobility on request.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip until 6 weeks before departure.
- This programme starts one day before embarkation.
- Tour dates 2020: 12.09.2020 - 13.09.2020 / 17.09.2020 - 18.09.2020
- Tour dates 2021: 08.5.2021 - 09.05.2021, 03.09.2021 - 04.09.2021, 08.09.2021 - 09.09.2021, 18.09.2021 - 19.09.2021
- Booking Code: YHZPRE