Discover spectacular coastlines, natural wonders and cultural highlights between Norway’s Bergen and Russia’s White Sea on an expedition cruise with a difference.
Scenic Norwegian fjords and colourful fishing towns
This is really a journey of two parts – the awe-inspiring scenery of the Norwegian coast, and the pristine isolation of Russia’s White Sea region. Hjørundfjord is our first stop – a beautiful fjord – before we sail across the Arctic Circle and visit the Lofoten Islands, framed for their picture-postcard beauty.
Next, we visit the idyllic fishing village of Sommarøy before stopping at North Cape, the northernmost point of the European mainland. Vardø, once a centre for Pomor people who traded with Russia, is our last stop before leaving Norway.
Expedition cruise adventure in Russia’s White Sea
The port of Murmansk marks our foray into the White Sea region, where routes and landing sites are dependent on weather conditions. The city of Arkhangelsk marks our first stop, before we move on to the rarely visited Solovetsky Islands. On our last day in the White Sea, weather permitting, we aim to visit a traditional village on the southern coast of the remote Kola Peninsula before returning to Murmansk.
Our last two days are in Norwegian waters again. In Troms og Finnmarken, we aim to make landfall and explore. On our penultimate day, we sail into and drop anchor in near the stunning Lyngen Alps, and our day will be spent hiking, kayaking and enjoying the beauty of the landscape.
We say farewell in Tromsø, the starting point for so many Arctic expeditions, many of which are detailed at the Polar Museum. For those who want to extend their journey there’s an optional Post-Programme in Tromsø.
Day 1Bergen, Norway
Our journey begins
Day 2Hjørundfjorden, Norway (Outside Urke or Sæbø)
Day 3At Sea
Day 4Svolvær, Norway
Majestic beauty of the Lofoten Islands
Day 5Sommarøy, Norway
A picture-perfect island
Day 6Skarsvåg, Norway
North Cape – Europe’s most northerly point
Day 7Vardø, Norway
Pomor traders and witchcraft trials
Day 8Murmansk, Russia
Day 9Barents Sea
Journey to the White Sea
Day 10Arkhangelsk, Russia
Russia’s Cultural Capital
Day 11Solovetsky Islands, Russia
The Pearls of the White Sea
Day 12White Sea coast, Kola Peninsula
Exploring the Kola Peninsula
Day 13Barents Sea
Sailing to Murmansk
Day 14Murmansk, Russia
A Second Look at Murmansk
Day 15Troms og Finnmarken coastline, Norway
Exploring the Barents Sea
Day 16Havnnes, Norway
The awe-inspiring Lyngen Alps
Day 17Tromsø, Norway
End of the expedition cruise
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna and indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- Air Travel
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- For this voyage a single-entry visa to Russia is required. Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements.
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2016|
|Ship yard||Estaleiro Navais de Viana do Castelo (POR)|
Our new ship, MS Spitsbergen will take you on a voyage beyond the ordinary.