Norway - powered by nature
Norway is the land of the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, deep fjords, great mountains, and an extremely long and beautiful coastline with picturesque villages and spectacular mountains for hiking and freeskiing.
Coming to Norway for an Arctic Haute Route Cruise is much more than just another ski touring trip – it’s an adventure of a lifetime in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
Spectacular skiing adventure in Lofoten, Norway
The cruise will take you to some of the secret skiing spots of northern Norway, unknown for the big crowd of off-piste skiers around the world and even for Norwegians in general.
Nevertheless, off-piste skiing in the Northern parts of Norway is becoming increasingly popular, especially after Lonely Planet awarded Norway a second place as the world’s second most spectacular adventure destination in 2013 - and the fantastic off-piste skiing in the North of Norway was one of the main reasons.
We will sail during the evening, and ski during the daytime. The Arctic Haute Route and its various hikes are tailor-made by certified guides to suit all levels of skiers, from beginners and intermediate to experts - always putting safety first.
If you decide to take it easy one day, we have a wide range of other exciting activities planned for you - on shore and at sea. Some of these activities include a Sea Eagle Safari, Whale Safari, Deep Sea Fishing, Art and Local History, and Kayaking. With this, we promise you will never be bored.
You should bring hiking gear and clothing for 3 days of hikes, and informal leisurewear for travel, dinner and social settings. The atmosphere on Nordstjernen is informal and the cabins are small, so no need to bring your whole closet.
Hiking backpack (30 – 40 L) and hiking gear – suggestions:
- Randonee / telemark skiing kit / split board kit
- Avalanche gear – beeper, probe, shovel (can be rented from guides)
- First aid kit (blisters, etc.)
- Thin and thick gloves
- Two hats (wool and wind stopper)
- Wool underwear and socks
- Helmet and goggles
- Sun glasses and sun block
- Thin hiking fleece jacket
- Thin down jacket for cold days and comfy lunch on summit
- Gore-Tex pants and jacket (wind – and water proof)
- Alpine axe and crampons for your hiking boots if experts (can be rented from guides)
- Harness if experts (can be rented from guides)
- Thermos bottle for hot water, coffee, tea, etc.
- Bottles for water
Large bag – leisure wear and extra gear (100 – 140 L) – suggestions:
- Pack in a water resistant, large bag to keep your gear dry
- Informal leisure wear for dinner and social setting; jeans, chinos, shirt or jumper
- Thick jacket for cold mornings and evenings on deck
- Thick winter boots for snowy and cold days
- Sneakers, low Gore-Tex shoes for leisure
- Extra batteries for you beeper
- Extra socks and sports underwear (wool) for 3 days of hiking
We offer direct flights from 13 airports in UK and Ireland from £250pp. Please contact us to book.