Enjoy an autumn adventure along the stunning Norwegian coast and down to Hamburg, learning about the vibrant history of this part of Northern Europe.
Beautiful landscapes and Norway’s fjords
Sailing south from Tromsø we’ll witness the iconic beauty of the Lofoten Islands and visit the traditional fishing town of Svolvær. Savour the special atmosphere in this region as you learn about Viking history and bask in autumnal glory. Further south, more nature experiences await as we aim to visit the unique holed mountain formation of Torghatten and explore the charming town of Brønnøysund.
Enjoy the fall hues, crisp air and mountaintops dusted with fresh snow, as we explore Norway’s south coast. Learn more about glaciers, traditional farming and life in picture-postcard settlements deep in the fjords.
Historic cities and picturesque islands
A full day in Bergen gives you time to enjoy the compact city centre, or experience a trip on the Fløibanen funicular railway for panoramic views. Bergen is a picturesque city where you’ll see the old wharves in the UNESCO-protected Bryggen district. We’ll also call on Egursund, with its colourful wooden houses.
After entering the North Sea, we’ll arrive at the small German holiday island of Heligoland, where cars are banned and walkers rule. Finally, our voyage ends in Hamburg, sometimes called the ‘Venice of the North’ due to its canal system. Enjoy the many sights of the Germany’s second-largest city as the foliage in its many parks turns red and yellow.
Accompanying us on our cruise in an onboard Expedition Team who’ll give talks on the history, culture and wildlife, among other things, of the places we sail to. Pack your sense of adventure and expect the unexpected as we explore this alluring region aboard our comfortable and stylish ship MS Spitsbergen.
Day 1Tromsø, Norway
Our adventure begins
Day 2Svolvær, Norway
Majestic beauty of the Lofoten Islands
Day 3Svartisen, Norway
Dark ice glacier
Day 4Torghatten, Norway
Hole of the mountain king
Day 5Åndalsnes, Norway
Stunning mountain scenery
Day 6Fjærland, Norway
The longest fjord in Norway
Day 7Bergen, Norway
Norway’s old capital still charms
Day 8Eidfjord, Norway
Day 9Egersund, Norway
Picturesque town of wooden houses
Day 10Heligoland, Germany
A tranquil oasis of calm
Day 11Hamburg, Germany
Last stop, the ‘Venice of the North’
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, and indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- Air travel
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2016|
|Ship yard||Estaleiro Navais de Viana do Castelo (POR)|
Our new ship, MS Spitsbergen will take you on a voyage beyond the ordinary.