Join us on a one-way winter expedition to the landscapes of the Norwegian coast, exploring its fjords, towns, and cities on the hunt for the Northern Lights.
Sailing north from Dover
Your first stop in Norway will be Bergen, where the Fløibanen funicular will take you to a viewpoint 320 metres above water level for wonderful view of the city. Don’t miss the UNESCO-listed Bryggen district with its colourful wooden wharfs.
We then continue on to Sognefjorden, the longest and deepest fjord in Norway. Here you will visit the tiny hamlet of Fjærland, not far from the largest glacier on the European continent, Jostedalsbreen. Next is breathtaking Hjørundfjorden, surrounded by the Sunnmøre Alps with peaks soaring 1,700 metres straight up from the sea.
Polar nights and Northern Lights
The hours of daylight shorten once we cross the Arctic Circle, replaced by dim blue twilight that makes the snowy scenery of the coast even more magical. Explore the Lofoten archipelago and the town of Svolvær, with the impressive jagged peaks of granite mountains as a dramatic backdrop. Next up, visit the war museum in Narvik to understand the central role this town had during World War II.
After discovering the beauty of Vesterålen, your expedition cruise ends in Tromsø, known as “Paris of the North” for its cosmopolitan vibes and as the “Gateway to the Arctic” for its long history of polar exploration.
Day 1Dover, UK
Setting course for Tromsø
Day 2At sea
Day 3Bergen, Norway
City of Seven Mountains
Day 4Fjærland, Norway
The longest fjord in Norway
Day 5Hjørundfjorden, Norway (Urke or Sæbø)
Exceptional natural beauty
Day 6Trøndelag, Norway
‘Kos’ and ‘frilufsliv’ combined
Day 7Svolvær, Norway
Enchantment in the Lofoten Islands
Day 8-9Narvik, Norway
The Battle of Narvik
Day 10Risøyhamn/Sortland, Norway
A hiker’s paradise
Day 11Tromsø, Norway
The end of an adventure
Current offers on this cruise:
Northern Lights PromiseThe beautiful Aurora Borealis is Mother Nature’s ultimate light show. We know that no trip to the Arctic Circle is quite complete without experiencing this highlight at least once on your journey.See full offer details
If the Northern Lights do not appear on your cruise to Norway, we will give you another 6 or 7-day Classic Voyage FREE OF CHARGE.
Dover cruises: up to 20% offTake advantage of our early bird offer on our 2022-2023 Dover cruises and save up to 20%!Save up to 20% offer varies by cabin grade and departure date. New bookings only. Bookings must be confirmed by 30 June 2021.See full offer details
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2022.Read more
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats
- Trekking poles and head lamps available if necessary
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
Photo: Håvard Myklebust /fjellfotografen.net, Shutterstock and Ørjan Bertelsen
|Year of refurbishment||2021|
|Ship yard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
MS Maud is designed to take you on a cruise in maximum comfort, equipped for a sustainable and memorable expedition.