Join us on a journey of historical and ecological discovery as we encounter the lost civilisation of the Incas in Peru, spend time exploring Quito, and walk up a still-active volcano in the Ecuadorean Andes before following in Charles Darwin’s footsteps to explore the incomparable Galápagos Islands.
The first part of the adventure takes place on land as we visit Lima and the capital of the Inca empire at Cusco, Peru, before travelling up the Sacred Valley to the enigmatic lost city at Machu Picchu. In Ecuador you’ll get to explore Quito and visit Cotopaxi Volcano before we fly out to our Galápagos adventure.
Step aboard Santa Cruz II – our comfortable and stylish expedition vessel that’s ideally suited to remote adventures. You’ll take part in an unforgettable cruise and experience the very best the UNESCO protected Galápagos has to offer. The onboard facilities are excellent, and you can look forward to mouth-watering dishes prepared by our chefs.
When the English naturalist Charles Darwin visited here aboard H.M.S. Beagle in 1835, he discovered that several species, including tortoises and land iguanas, had evolved differently depending on their habitat. His seminal work On the Origin of Species, proved revolutionary. On this science-oriented expedition, we’ll be learning about Darwin’s discoveries, as well as making a few of our own.
You’ll get closer to the natural wonders with the use of small expedition boats, kayaks, snorkelling gear and paddleboards. We even have a glass bottomed boat if you’d rather see the marine life without getting wet. There’s a wide range of activities to choose from, and the Expedition Team will guide you on shore visits. Safety and sustainability are always at the core of our operations, and our aim is to leave the smallest footprint behind wherever we go.
For your safety, we always sail with a Medical Officer onboard.
Day 1UK/Lima, Peru
Flight to Lima
Day 2Lima/Cusco, Peru
City of the Incas and a cultural gem
Day 3Cusco/Machu Picchu/Cusco
Back in time to a lost world
Day 4Cusco, Peru / Quito, Ecuador
Quito – city of eternal spring
Day 5Quito, Ecuador
Day 6Galapagos, Ecuador
Your cruise begins
Day 7San Cristobal Island
Visiting the giants
Day 8Santa Fe Island & South Plaza Island
Blissful beauty & evolving iguanas
Day 9Santa Cruz Island
Giant turtles & island activities
Day 10Española Island
A conservation success story
Day 11Santa Cruz Island & North Seymour
A small slice of Eden
Day 12Baltra Island/Guayaquil, Ecuador
End of the expedition
Arrival in the UK
Current offers on this cruise:
No single supplement on selected departuresSolo travellers who prefer their own space while still travelling with others, have the opportunity to save on select voyages departing in 2021 and 2022.See Special Offer
Included in your voyage
- One night in Lima, two nights in Cusco, two nights in Quito before the expedition cruise, including breakfast. Dinner on day 2-5
- Return flights in economy class from the UK to Lima and back from Guayaquil including all taxes
- Flights in economy from Lima to Cusco, and from Cusco via Lima to Quito including all taxes
- Return flights in economy class between Quito and Baltra, and Baltra and Guayaquil including all taxes
- Transfers in Lima and Quito between hotel and airport
- Transfers between Baltra airport and ship
- Tour Package Cuzco and Machu Picchu as described including excursions with lunch, train tickets, entrance fees, transfers within Cusco
- Galapagos Islands National Park admission fee
- Transit Control Card for Galapagos Islands
- Access to airport lounge at Guayaquil airport upon return from Galapagos Islands
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water)
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Limited complimentary Wi-Fi for suite guests. Wi-Fi is available for purchase, but be aware that we sail in remote areas with very limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- German- and English-speaking Expedition Team who guide activities and provide educational information on board and ashore
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has a library, microscopes and samples
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs and gym
- Landings, hikes, coastal exploration, and activities including kayaking, snorkeling, and our glass-bottom boat
- Complimentary wetsuit rental for suite guests. Wetsuit rental available on request.
Not included in your voyage
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
MS Santa Cruz II
|Year of refurbishment||2021|
|Ship yard||ASENAV Shipyard (CHL)|
|Gross tonnage||2664 T|
When you are exploring the Galápagos islands with us onboard the MS Santa Cruz II, you will enjoy a relaxed atmosphere in high quality surroundings. The small size - with a guest capacity of maximum of 90 allows for a cozy yet classy environment. You´ll easily feel at home on board.