Built on seven hills along the shores of the River Tejo, Lisbon is a legendary city with centuries of history. Take some time to explore the city and experience world famous sites like the Tower of Belém before embarkation.
We sail west towards the volcanic archipelago of the Azores. Our expert lecturers will prepare you for the upcoming visit. Take a little time to chat with your fellow travelers or just enjoy the deep relaxation of being at sea.
Known as the “green island”, São Miguel is the largest of the nine islands, studded with lakes and rolling hills, mountains and green plains. The island’s capital is the charming university town of Ponta Delgada.
Colours on this island not confined to green vegetation, blue sea and white houses. The breakwater is covered in murals, paintings and ships’ names, part of a tradition that holds that good luck will follow sailors who leave their mark before setting off across the Atlantic.
Visit lovely and historic Angra do Heroísmo on Terceira Island. Angra was founded in the 15th century, prospering from its location as an ideal trading port.
Enjoy another idyllic day at sea, taking in the fresh salt air, relaxing with a drink or a book, and scanning for wildlife in the living ocean.
Funchal is a modern, cosmopolitan city that offers inviting cafés, interesting shops, cobblestone streets and a magnificent natural setting to explore.
Enjoy a visit to the golden beaches of Porto Santo. The rugged interior of Porto Santo is perfect for exciting excursions, and has much to offer history buffs. After all, a little-known explorer named Christopher Columbus made his home on the island´s capital: Vila Baleira.
IncludedPorto Santo Island TourYour comfortable coach will take you to Portela, which overlooks the golden beach and the small town of Vila Baleira below.
We sail for Portugal´s mainland. Our lecturers will have many interesting presentations to put your trip in perspective. Enjoy a final chance to relax and reflect with new friends about the adventures of the past weeks.
Early risers will be rewarded with a lovely view of Lisbon as we cruise up the Tejo river, ending our journey in the capital of Portugal.
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- A la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s, hot tubs, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms, and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Loan of trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Ship yard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||530 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships – and the next generation expedition ship. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Some expedition cruises include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
Porto Santo Island Tour Included
Sailing with MS Fridtjof Nansen
- MS Fridtjof Nansen: Life on board and Practical information
- Meet our Expedition Team
- Young Explorers’ Programme: Bring your kids on board