Sailing from Hamburg, we explore the picturesque coasts and historic seaports of England and Ireland aboard our state-of-the-art hybrid ship Fridtjof Nansen.
From Germany to the English and Irish coasts
Join us as we voyage from Germany across the North Sea to the British Isles. Setting out from the old Hanseatic city of Hamburg you’ll visit Portsmouth, which played a key role in WWII; Fowey in Cornwall, where pirates once roamed along the rugged coast; Waterford in Ireland, founded by the Vikings in the 9th century; and Liverpool, beloved city of modern culture and Victorian architecture.
There’ll be plenty to occupy the curious, from ancient ruins, castles and Viking settlements, to picturesque fishing villages, famous historic ships and the vibrant modern city of Liverpool. You’ll visit Cornwall’s rugged coastline with its rocky coves, and maybe drop in on the nearby Eden Project, which features the world’s largest enclosed tropical rainforest.
Culture, learning and relaxation
You’ll also find plenty of time to relax, with atmospheric old pubs to dive into, quaint harbourside tea rooms, and sandy beaches to stroll on. Our experienced Expedition Team are on hand to ensure you get the best experience.
We make the most of our time on this short but eventful cruise aboard our brand-new expedition ship, Fridtjof Nansen, which features a lecture hall and a Science Center for learning.
Day 1Hamburg, Germany
Setting out from Hanseatic Hamburg
Day 2At Sea
Relax and learn
Day 3Portsmouth, UK
Fascinating naval history & Roman ruins
Day 4Fowey, England
Village exploration on the Cornish Riviera
Day 5Waterford, Ireland
Vikings of old Ireland
Day 6Liverpool, England
Landing in Liverpool and heading home
Current offers on this cruise:
Book with ConfidenceOur popular Book with Confidence policy is back, giving you the peace of mind you want for your next adventure exploring the world with us.The benefits of the policy apply to any new bookings made between 25 November 2021 and 31 March 2022, for expedition cruises departing on or before 30 September 2022.See Special Offer
Included in your voyage
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Ship yard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships – and the next generation expedition ship. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Sailing with MS Fridtjof Nansen
- MS Fridtjof Nansen: Life on board and Practical information
- Experts in exploration
- Young Explorers’ Programme: Bring your kids on board