• 1893: The first Hurtigruten voyage departs Trondheim for Hammerfest, via 11 harbours.
• 1898: The Hurtigruten route expands southward to include Bergen, with three departures a week.
• 1908: Kirkenes, near the Russian border, becomes the northern turning point of the Hurtigruten voyage.
• 1993: A new era begins with the launch of the modern ships. The modernisation of Hurtigruten's fleet resulted in 10 new ships being added to the fleet by the end of 2007.
• 2008: Hurtigruten celebrates its 115th birthday. For more than a century, its passenger and cargo ships have connected Northern and Southern Norway.
experience and a fleet of 13 ships with daily departures along the coast of Norway